The Centre for assistive tools/technology in Kaisaniemi, central Helsinki, is operated by the the Finnish Diverse Learners’ Association.
We have collected a hefty selection of assistive tools, simpler and technically more sophisticated, for the use of a diverse learner. You can book a time for a try-out with the tools, guided by an expert. The Centre also gives regular events for information and guidance, you can also book a course.
These tools are a vital but not-so-well-known medium of support for many diverse learners.
There are many kinds of tools:
- for a slow reader and writer
- ”moving” lines
- difficulties in producing text
- spelling mistakes
- problems in maths and foreign languages
- difficulties in concentration
Services are meant for:
- diverse learners
- parents or others close to the learners
- professionals faced with the phenomenon